If you are unable to connect to Battle.net or can't stay connected, try the following steps one at a time, then test the connection after each step is complete.
Note: These steps apply to StarCraft, Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft II, and Warcraft III.
- Right-click the game's icon and click Run as administrator.
- If you cannot access Battle.net, download and install the latest patch
- Check the Battle.net status forum for server maintenance notifications.
- Programs running in the background can interfere with the game. Close any running background applications.
- Try to connect to all four Battle.net Realms (Europe, USEast, USWest, and Asia (Northrend, Azeroth, Lordaeron, and Kalimdor for Warcraft III)). If only one Battle.net Realm is inaccessible to you, it may just be a temporary connection problem or a temporary restriction. Battle.net access may be temporarily restricted for one of the following reasons:
- Spamming text in the chat channel
- Rapidly connecting/disconnecting to Battle.net
- Repeated attempts to use an invalid CD-Key
- Repeated use of an incorrect password may lock an account login for your protection
- Repeated use of third-party programs (hacks) including, but not limited to, sending bad packets, flooding the server(s), and the use of hack programs
- Configure your network to ensure that your connection is not being blocked by a firewall or router.
Tried everything here?
Article ID: 300497