The Character Transfer feature allows you to move characters to other realms or accounts registered in your name. Character transfers can be performed through your Battle.net Account Management page. To start a transfer:
- Log in to Battle.net Account Management.
- Select the World of Warcraft licence with the character you want to transfer.
- Click Character & Guild Services on the bottom ribbon.
- Click Character Transfer.
- Select your current realm and character from the list on the right.
- Choose your destination realm or account and follow the prompts to complete the service.
Do not log into the character during the transfer. Though your character may appear available, wait until you receive email notification that the character transfer is complete. If you log in too early, the transfer may fail and your character will be locked. The transfer may take up to 72 hours to complete.
Note: If your character’s name is already taken on the destination realm or if you transfer your character to another Battle.net account, you will be prompted to rename your character. The name you choose must follow our Naming Policy.
To check the status of your character transfer:
- Log into your Battle.net Account Management page and select the licence that initiated the character transfer.
- Click Character Transfer under Character Services on the bottom ribbon.
- Click History/Status along the top of the Character Transfer page to view your transfer status and history.
Article ID: 200474