The Character Transfer feature allows you to move characters to other realms or accounts registered in your name. For more information on this feature, please select an option below.
Please make a selection from the dropdown menu above.
Character transfers can be performed through your Battle.net Account Management page. To start a transfer:
- Log in to Battle.net Account Management.
- Select the World of Warcraft license with the character you want to transfer.
- Click Character & Guild Services on the bottom ribbon.
- Click Character Transfer.
- Select your current realm and character from the list on the right.
- Choose your destination realm or account and follow the prompts to complete the service.
Do not log in to the character during the transfer. Though your character may appear available, wait until you receive email notification that the character transfer is complete. If you log in too early, the transfer may fail and your character will be locked. The transfer may take up to 72 hours to complete.
Note: If your character’s name is already taken on the destination realm or if you transfer your character to another Battle.net account, you will be prompted to rename your character. The name you choose must follow our Naming Policy.
To check the status of your character transfer:
- Log in to your Battle.net Account Management page and select the license that initiated the character transfer.
- Click Character Transfer under Character Services on the bottom ribbon.
- Click History/Status along the top of the Character Transfer page to view your transfer status and history.
Note: If your character is locked, or the transfer is stuck in a Pending status, visit our Character Locked page.
Before you transfer a character, keep the following limitations in mind:
- Characters can only be transferred between realms and accounts in the same region.
- The character must be at least level 10. Death Knights must be at least level 60.
- The Character Transfer service cannot be used with Starter Edition accounts.
- The character may not have active auctions or mail in their mailbox.
- You cannot continue any heroic instances you participated in prior to the transfer.
- Raid lockouts are not reset after your character transfers.
- A completed transfer cannot be reversed. If you want to move your character again, you may complete another character transfer three days after the last one completed.
- The Item Restoration service cannot restore any items a character deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to performing a transfer. Be sure to complete item recovery before transferring.
- The following gold limits apply to all characters:
Level Max. Gold 10-30 300g 31-50 1,000g 51-70 5,000g 71-80 20,000g 81+ 50,000g
- Certain realms may not be eligible transfer sources. If your character is on such a realm, it cannot be moved to another realm, though it can be moved to another account per the account restrictions below.
- Certain realms may not be eligible transfer destinations. If your destination is such a realm, your character cannot transfer there.
- The transfer will fail if it will cause you to exceed the maximum of eleven characters on your destination realm.
- Transfers between European and Russian realms will force you to change your character name.
- A World of Warcraft license can only transfer characters to or from other World of Warcraft licenses associated with a Battle.net account.
- The Battle.net accounts must be registered under the same name.
- When a World of Warcraft license is merged to Battle.net, the license can only transfer characters to other licenses on the same Battle.net account for 30 days. Characters cannot be transferred off the Battle.net account.
- Mounts, pets, heirlooms, and toys in the Collections tab are account-bound, and do not generally transfer when characters move to a different Battle.net account. The only exception is any pet or mount associated with a character-specific achievement, which should appear for that character on the new account. These are very rare.
- Most achievements will not transfer along with the character to another Battle.net account.
- Your character’s guild affiliation and guild reputation will be lost, even if you remain on the same realm.
- The character's name will be locked for 90 days after the transfer completes. You must choose a new name for your character.
- Characters cannot be transferred to or from a suspended, disabled, or closed account. Accounts that are unpaid and frozen are able to use the Character Transfer service normally.
- Characters cannot transfer to a lower expansion level game account.
|Will transfer||Will not transfer|
|Your conquest point cap for the week||Guild pages and heralds.|
|Character achievements and achievement points||User interface settings (macros, character-specific key bindings, etc.).|
|Your character’s ratings (arena/RBG rating, MMR, BG Rating, etc).||Character friends and ignore lists.|
Article ID: 200474