Faction Change Basics, Eligibility, and Limitations
The Faction Change service allows you to change a single character's faction. As you complete the process, you will select your character's new race, appearance, and name. The race you choose must support your character’s class.
Please make a selection from the dropdown menu above.
When your Faction Change is ready, click the button on your character select screen to customise your character and complete the process. You can click the button at a later time if you don't want to complete the faction change immediately.
- Faction-specific items, achievements, and titles convert to their cross-faction equivalents.
- Currencies—honor points, gold, etc.—are unaffected. Conquest point caps may be reset.
- Raid lockouts are not reset after the faction change.
- Some faction-specific mounts may be unavailable or will convert during the faction change.
- Followers, shipyard, and completed Garrison buildings will not be lost. Unfinished missions, buildings, or work orders will be lost.
- Faction-specific followers, ships, and ship crews convert to an equivalent from your new faction. Follower traits stay the same, but abilities may change. Ship abilities and equipment remain the same.
Your character's home-city reputation converts to your new home city. Other racial reputations convert as follows:
|Orc (Orgrimmar)||<>||Human (Stormwind)|
|Tauren (Thunder Bluff)||<>||Gnome (Gnomeregan Exiles)|
|Undead (The Undercity)||<>||Night Elf (Darnassus)|
|Troll (Sen'jin)||<>||Dwarf (Ironforge)|
|Blood Elf (Silvermoon)||<>||Draenei (The Exodar)|
|Goblin (Bilgewater Cartel)||<>||Worgen (Gilneas)|
|Huojin Pandaren||<>||Tushui Pandaren|
Other faction-specific reputations convert into their cross-faction equivalents if one exists. Neutral reputations are not affected, except for Sunreavers and Silver Covenant, which revert to Neutral.
Faction-specific PvP mounts convert as follows:
|Vicious War Wolf||<>||Vicious War Steed|
|Vicious Skeletal Warhorse||<>||Vicious Warsaber|
|Vicious Raptor||<>||Vicious War Ram|
|Vicious War Kodo||<>||Vicious War Mechanostrider|
- The character must be at least level 10, and have no active auctions, mail, or WoW Tokens.
- The character must not have changed factions in the last 72 hours.
- You can't faction change on a Starter Edition account.
- Guild Masters must transfer leadership or disband the guild. See our Guild Services article for information on changing the guild's faction.
- Characters with too much gold can't change factions.
Level Max. Gold 10 - 30 300g 31 - 50 1,000g 51 - 70 5,000g 71 - 80 20,000g 81 - 99 50,000g 100+ 250,000g
- Flight points will be reset, and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.
- Character friend and ignore lists will be reset.
- Guild pages and heralds will be lost.
- An increased Conquest point cap may be lost.
- Active quests will be cleared, and all quest items will be destroyed—including those associated with completed quests.
- Faction-specific completed quests will be lost and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
- All PvP and Argent Tournament achievement progress will be reset.
- Merchants will not refund goods purchased before the Faction Change.
- If you change your character's name during the Faction Change, your old name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days.
- A completed Faction Change cannot be reversed. If you want to change your character’s faction again, you may complete another Faction Change after the three day cooldown.
Note: The Item Restoration service cannot restore items a character deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to performing a faction change. Be sure to complete item recovery before transferring.