Guild services can be performed through your Battle.net Account Management page.
Purchasing a Guild Faction Change or Guild Realm Transfer will allow you to change the name of the guild at no additional cost.
These services can only be initiated by a Guild Master character. Under normal conditions, a guild service takes one to two hours to complete, but please allow up to 72 hours.
We've created the following video for an overview of the process:
Eligibility & Limitations
- The Guild Master must meet the same requirements for the equivalent character service, including being at least level 10 on an account in good standing. Visit the Character Transfer and Faction Change pages for more details.
- Once the change is complete, your guild's old name may be unavailable on the realm for 90 days.
- The Guild Master character must occupy the rank of Guild Master for a minimum of seven days before initiating a Guild Service.
- The guild must have more than one member.
- The Guild Master's Battle.net account must have an authenticator attached for at least seven days before you purchase a Guild Master Realm Transfer or Guild Master Faction Change. The seven days do not start until you log into the Guild Master character after adding the authenticator.
- When performing a Guild Master Realm Transfer or Guild Master Faction Change, only the Guild Master character transfers realms or switches factions. The Guild Master takes the framework of the guild, including the guild bank, perks, and completed achievements. You will have to reassign ranks on the new realm.
- Progress will be lost on incomplete Guild Achievements.
- After a Guild Transfer is complete, the Guild Message of the Day will state that the guild has moved and your guild members will receive an in-game mail with transfer instructions.
- If your guild name is taken on the destination realm, you'll be prompted to pick a new name for your guild.
- A 30-day cooldown applies. You cannot purchase a new guild service if you have used a guild or a personal character service (such as an individual character transfer) within the last 30 days.
Guild Member Changes
- After the transfer, Guild members will remain in a placeholder version of the original guild. The placeholder guild will not have access to the guild bank, achievements, reputation, or awards.
- Guild members are eligible to follow the Guild Master to the guild's new location by performing their own character transfer. If they do so, they will automatically rejoin the guild and retain their guild reputation. This process clears the Guild Activity feed.
- To perform their own transfer, the guild member must meet the requirements of the character service. Visit the Character Transfer and Faction Change pages for more details.
- Guild members who plan to transfer to the guild's new location should not quit the original guild, or they will lose one level of guild reputation after transferring to the guild's new location.
- If a guild member transfers ahead of the guild, they will not be automatically placed back into the guild.
- Players who use a Free Character Migration to follow a Guild Master will retain their guild reputation on the destination realm as long as the guild has not changed faction.
- There is no time limit on following a Guild Master to a new location, as long as the guild member does not leave the placeholder guild before doing their own transfer.
Article ID: 100564