Our Player vs. Player (PvP) and Role-Playing (RP) realms offer unique gaming experiences. Select a realm type below to learn more.
To help our players maintain an immersive role-playing environment, we have laid out special role-playing realm rules. If you find another player acting in a manner that contradicts the spirit of the guidelines detailed below, please request that the offending player stop their negative behavior. If the actions continue after your request, report the player.
This category includes:
- Players that specifically target role-players for verbal or physical abuse (not limited to offensive language).
If a player is found to be targeting role-players with the specific intent to harass, they may be temporarily suspended from the game.
This category includes:
- Any Non-Medieval or Non-Fantasy names (i.e. Slipnslide, Robotman, Technotron).
- Clear and masked names which are references to very well known people, characters, places, or icons (i.e. Britneyspears, Austinpowers, Mcdonalds, Georgewashington, Newyork)
- Names which consist of multiple (generally more than 2) words strung together to create partial or complete sentences (i.e. Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou)
If a player is found to have such a name, that player may:
- Be assigned a randomly generated name
- Be given the appropriate additional penalty if the name violates standard naming rules.
In playing this game, you will encounter thousands of other players who share different experiences and come from vastly different character backgrounds than your own. Remember to be respectful of those around you.
Player vs. Player
Player versus Player (PvP) realms are designed to allow and encourage open combat between players. Players on these realms are encouraged to resolve cross-faction PvP disputes on their own. The Game Master staff will not intervene in cross-faction player disputes on PvP realms. However, physical harassment committed between members of the same faction on a PvP realm is subject to normal harassment policies and investigation.
If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat, select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. PvE realms offer a limited and structured environment for PvP encounters. Players on PvE realms can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat by enabling or disabling their PvP flag at will.
All other In-Game Policies apply to PvP servers. Actions such as inappropriate names, obscene language, and spamming will be addressed according to our normal procedures.
PvP Realm Policies
The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:
- Corpse camping.
- Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
- Killing players well below your level.
The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply to PvP. PvP encounters are considered a facet of normal gameplay and can be resolved through combat or other ingame means. Game Masters may intervene in extreme situations, or if the harassment has transitioned to chat communication.
We want World of Warcraft to be a fun and safe environment for all players. Our aim is to provide a hardcore PvP environment for players who choose to play on PvP realms.
Article ID: 300463