If you think your account has been compromised, or you want to make sure your information is secure, follow these helpful tips.
Note: If you're unable to access your account due to a compromise contact us to recover your account and follow steps 1 through 4 below to secure your computer.
- Scan your computer for malware, keyloggers, and viruses. Check out our Security Software page for more information.
- Keep your operating system up to date. Your computer is less secure if you're missing critical security updates.
- Update Adobe Flash to patch vulnerabilites that can allow the installation of malware on your computer.
- Reset your email account password. Make sure the password for your email and Battle.net Account are different.
- Reset your Battle.net password. Make sure the password for your email and Battle.net Account are different.
- Attach a Battle.net Authenticator to your account. Using an Authenticator adds an additional layer of security for your account.
- Consider signing up for SMS Protect to inform you of important changes made to your account.
Article ID: 300606