This error occurs when the Blizzard Battle.net desktop application can't recognize its digital certificates. Usually this will happen if the Battle.net application has become corrupted. To troubleshoot this issue, follow the steps below.
- Restart your computer and try again
Configure your security software's exception list to allow Blizzard applications to run.
Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
- Go to https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm
- Find DigiCert Assured ID Root CA under the Root Certificates section and click Download DER/CRT
- Double-click DigiCertAssuredIDRootCA.crt and click Open
- Click Install Certificate...
- Select Local Machine and click Next
Note: If a User Account Control dialog box pops up, click Yes
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Tried everything here?
If the steps above did not resolve your problem, visit our Technical Support forum or contact us.