This error occurs when the Blizzard Setup program cannot run after an update. This is usually caused by another application preventing the Setup program from making changes to the game files on your computer. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Restart your computer to resolve problems caused by programs and services running in the background.
- Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Run the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App in Administrator Mode to address many installation, patching, networking, and start-up errors.
- Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
- Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to automatically rebuild outdated or corrupt files.