Common ProblemsWoW plays smoothly until I enter a battleground or raid, then I hit extreme lag. When I'm just roaming about in the world, everything is fine.
Latency in battlegrounds and other instance contact occurs if there is not enough bandwidth available to process the increased network data. The steps below address the most common causes:
If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
Reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted.
- Reduce the size of the games Packets
- Press escape while logged into any character
- Click System, then swap to the Networking Tab
- Untick the Optimize for Speed option
- Click Done to save the changes