Computer Restarts or Shuts Down While Playing a Blizzard Game
Updated: 12 months ago
Article ID: 210453
- While I am playing your game my computer shuts down
- My computer restarts when playing a Blizzard game
This issue is not supported by Blizzard Customer Service as it is not caused by a Blizzard product. We've provided some suggestions below, but you will need to consult your computer manufacturer or a local technical troubleshooter if the issue persists.
If your computer restarts or shuts down while playing a game, it has an underlying issue that needs to be resolved. The following are our recommended troubleshooting steps:
- Check for overheating, which is the most common cause of restarts or shut downs during gameplay
- Update your drivers and operating system
- Most other causes of this issue relate to faulty or loose computer hardware. Consult your computer manufacturer or a local technical troubleshooter for further assistance. Blizzard Customer Service cannot assist with this issue as it is not caused by a Blizzard product
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!