Reconfiguring Game Files
This message displays when game data needs to be compressed or when background downloaded patch data needs to be installed.
If you experience issues with the patch optimization process, such as the progress bar moving slowly or staying at 0%, it may be a display issue. Allow at least one hour for the optimization to finish before trying the following steps.
- Make sure you run the launcher as an administrator.
- You may experience issues when Blizzard Update Agent files are missing or corrupt. Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to have the Update Agent re-create the necessary files.
- Security programs can interfere with the installation process. Try disabling or temporarily uninstalling your security software.
- Disable read-only settings on any game and launcher executable files (files that end in .exe) in your game folder.
- If you are using a public network (like a university or hotel) and you continue to experience issues, contact the system administrator.
- If you still have issues during optimization, uninstall and then reinstall the game client.