- I was trading with a player and was scammed.
- Another player promised me a trade, but scammed me.
A scam is the act of acquiring items or any other possession from another player through misinformation, confusion, or fraud. Confirmed scammers risk account suspension or closure. Take appropriate measures to protect yourself, as we do not restore items or gold in these situations.
If we can verify a scam took place, we will take appropriate actions against the reported account.
- Don't give items, gold, or guild bank permissions to anyone you don't trust.
- Double-check prices in the auction house.
- Blizzard employees will never ask you for items or gold.
- Don't purchase game or item codes with in-game currency.
If you are the victim of a scam, report them so we can stop it from happening again!
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!