- How do I gift a game to my friend?
- How can I gift a subscription to a friend?
- I don't know how to send a gift to my friend
- I play on console and my friend on PC, and I don't see how to gift them a game
To gift a Blizzard product to a friend, select the product in the Battle.net Shop and click Gift instead of Buy Now.
On the next screen, you can choose to enter your friend's BattleTag or email address.
We’ll send the gift to your friend’s Battle.net App. Your friend can claim the gift on the Battle.net app or by logging to My Gifts.
To gift something to a BattleTag friend, you must have been friends for at least three days.
We’ll send a code to your friend via email. If you make a mistake and you enter the wrong email address, you will find the code on your Transaction History page once payment for your order is complete. You can copy this code and send it to your friend.
Your friend can claim the code by logging to their Account Management. If your gift is a World of Warcraft item, your friend must have a World of Warcraft account.
Some products can only be gifted to BattleTag friends and don’t give the option to email a code.
Limitations and Restrictions
- Gifts are only sent once payment for your order is complete—payments can take 24 hours to process. You can check your order status in your Transaction History page.
- Gifting may be restricted for some products, payment methods, or currencies. If you don’t see the Gift button, you can Gift Battle.net Balance instead. If you want to gift World of Warcraft subscription, you can gift game time instead.
- It is not possible to gift Battle.net products across platforms. For example, you cannot buy a gift in the Battle.net Shop for a friend who plays on console. Similarly, if you play on console, you can only gift through your console's store (Xbox, PSN, Nintendo) to friends who play on your same platform.