Can't Connect To Starcraft 2 Version Mismatch Error
- I cannot use the Map Editor for Starcraft 2.
- The region is showing as XX-07 when I start the game.
- Error: Game client version mismatch with selected region. You may be able to continue playing if you exit the client, patch from the launcher, and restart.
- Error: Unable to connect with Blizzard services
If you receive the error "Game client version mismatch with selected region," or if the region displays "XX-07" after game is launched, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Switch to the Beta version of the Battle.net application
- Click on the Blizzard logo at the top-left corner of the App
- Choose Settings
- Choose Beta
- Click on Switch to Beta
- Note: If you are already using Beta, try switching to the Standard version of the application. Choose Switch to Standard Version instead of Switch to Beta
- Delete the PTR executable
- Go to the StarCraft II tab in the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App
- Click Options ⚙
- Choose Show in Explorer
- In the Starcraft II folder, delete the StarCraft II Public Test(.exe) file
- Note: If you do not have the Public Test file in the StarCraft II folder, check to see if you have the PTR installed and delete the Public Test file there instead
- Launch StarCraft II again
- Reinstall StarCraft II