Can't Connect To Starcraft 2 Version Mismatch Error
- I cannot use the Map Editor for Starcraft 2.
- Error: Game client version mismatch with selected region. You may be able to continue playing if you exit the client, patch from the launcher, and restart.
If you receive the error "Game client version mismatch with selected region," or if the region displays "XX-07" after game is launched, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Delete the PTR executable
- Select StarCraft II tab in the Battle.net Desktop App
- Click Options ⚙
- Choose Show in Explorer
- In the Starcraft II folder, delete the StarCraft II Public Test(.exe) file
- Note: If you do not have the Public Test file in the StarCraft II folder, check to see if you have the PTR installed and delete the Public Test file there instead
- Launch StarCraft II again
- Uninstall the game and reinstall it through the Battle.net Desktop App
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums or contact us.