Common ProblemsPatch Required. Please press the quit button below and download the patch.
If you ran a System Restore on your computer and continuously receive this error message when trying to launch World of Warcraft, follow the steps to resolve the problem.
- With World of Warcraft selected on the Battle.net desktop app, click and select Show in Explorer.
- Open the World of Warcraft folder.
- Open the _retail_ folder.
- Delete Wow.exe and Wow.exe, then close the Battle.net desktop app.
- Download the World of Warcraft installer and run it to create new versions of your game files.
Note: If you recently installed a UI package and cannot patch, check your game region.