- Cannot trade loot to another party member
- Can't trade dungeon, raid, or instance loot
- Can't trade loot sent by the Postmaster
Most Personal Loot can be traded to an eligible party member within two hours. If the player you want to trade with is not on the same realm, the trade must be completed before leaving the instance and group.
Both players participating in the trade must have participated in the fight, and be eligible for the loot. If you died during the encounter, you may not be eligible to receive a trade even if you are otherwise able to get loot from the encounter.
- You cannot trade an item if it has a higher item level than what you have previously looted for that gear slot/spec—this includes set items and weapons.
- Toys, mounts, pets, and Legendary items can't be traded.
- Items received via in-game mail from the Postmaster can't be traded.
- Items that have been equipped or modified can't be traded.
- Items won from a bonus roll can't be traded.
- Items dropped from a World Boss can't be traded.
If you have an item that doesn't appear in the list above and you can't trade it, submit a bug report. We can't trade items between players.