- Doesn’t let me trade the item to another party member.
- The loot master cannot trade the loot.
- I rolled need by mistake.
For bind on pick-up gear the following trading restrictions apply to loot in World of Warcraft:
|Loot obtained in...||Modern WoW||WoW Classic||Wrath Classic|
|Raid||Can be traded||Can be traded||Can be traded|
|Dungeon||Can be traded|
(see Personal Loot)
|Cannot be traded||Can be traded|
(Heroic dungeon items only)
(i.e. world bosses)
|Cannot be traded||Cannot be traded||Cannot be traded|
You can only trade an item to players that were present for the kill, eligible for loot, and within four hours of real time in Modern WoW or two hours of online time in Wrath and WoW Classic. If the player you want to trade with is not from the same realm, the trade must be completed before leaving the dungeon or raid instance.
Customer Support cannot help with bypassing any of these restrictions
- You cannot trade gear that...
- Was restored through the Item Restoration service.
- Was equipped or modified (enchanted, upgraded, transmogrified, etc).
- Was collected from the mailbox after the Postmaster sent it to you.
- Unlocks unique appearances, for example, the Scythe of the Unmaker.
- Only gear can be traded:
- Quest items cannot be traded, for example, the Splinters of Atiesh in WoW Classic, or Fragment of Val'anyr in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
- Most toys, mounts, and pets cannot be traded. Those that can be traded will have a trade timer.
Personal loot additional restrictions
- You cannot trade gear that is an upgrade for your character. An item is an upgrade for your character when its item level is higher than the item level of any previously received gear for that specific slot.
- Crafted Legendary items do not unlock the option to trade lower item level pieces for their slot.