Changing the Payment Method for an Active Subscription
- The card I just used has no funds, I want to cancel the order and use another
- I have a new credit card that I'd like to use for my subscription
- I'd like to use PayPal instead of a credit card for my subscription
- Want to link the subscription to a different bank account
You can change the payment method of your active recurring subscription any time before your next billing date. If you attempt to update your payment method the same day your subscription expires, it is possible that you will be charged on your old payment method. It is best to make changes at least one day before your current subscription expires.
To change the payment method of your subscription, you can simply select a new plan on the Battle.net Shop. This will change your subscription plan; you will not lose your active game time. Alternatively, you can proceed through your Account Settings:
- Log in to your Games & Subscriptions page&
- Click Manage on the WOW account you want to change the payment method for
- Click Change Payment Method
- Confirm your payment plan selection (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months). Your current payment plan will be selected by default
- Click Next: Confirm Payment and enter your new payment method
- Click Subscribe
Your billing date will not change. On your usual billing date, you will be charged on your new payment method.
If you select an subscription offer which includes promotional items, you will be charged when setting up the subscription but you will not be charged again until all of your game time expires.