Playing World of Warcraft in a Different Region
- I play in the US and want to play an EU WoW account.
- I play in the EU and want to play a US WoW account.
- How can I play WoW in another region?
- Can't create a new starter account for another region.
World of Warcraft accounts cannot be transferred between regions.
Creating a Starter Edition
Starter Edition accounts have limitations, but are free to play. As long as you do not already have a Starter account for your home region, you can create one in Account Management by clicking "Play for Free".
If you want to play in another region, you can create a Starter Edition by starting a game time purchase in the Blizzard Shop. You do not have to complete the purchase. To create the account:
- Visit the Blizzard Shop
- Select World of Warcraft game time (not recurring subscription)
- In your browser address bar, change EU to US or the other way around to update the price and currency you will be charged
- Example: https://us.shop.battle.net/ vs https://eu.shop.battle.net/
- Click Buy Now
- Click Create a New Account
Creating a Standard account
Standard accounts are created when game time is added to any Starter account, such as completing the purchase workflow previously described, or claiming a World of Warcraft CD key.
If you buy World of Warcraft from a third party website or retailer, the CD key will always be of a specific region. Please consult with your point of sale before buying the code, to ensure it belongs to the region of your choice. Blizzard Customer Support will not swap wrong codes.