You can use this service to move characters from select high-population realms to a specific low-population realm. Please be aware that we offer this service at our discretion, and we may disable it at any time. If you'd like to move a character to the realm of your choice, we also have a Character Transfer service available.
- Log in to Battle.net Account Management.
- Select your World of Warcraft licence.
- On the Game Management page, select Free Character Migration. This page will provide information on the availability of this service.
- Your character's mailbox and auctions must be completely cleared. Do not create auctions until the transfer is complete. If you see an error message about pending mail on the character after you've cleared out your mailbox, you may have inbound mail that hasn't arrived yet. Wait until the mail arrives, clear your mailbox, and try again.
- Save all macros prior to your migration, as the User Interface will reset upon transferring.
- If your character shares a name with an existing character on the realm you are moving to, you must rename your character.
- If your character is a guild leader, you must transfer leadership to another member or disband your guild.
- Do not log into the game while the transfer is processing, as this may cause delays.
- Any items or character progress unexpectedly lost during the transfer will not be restored.
Limitations & Eligibility
- Any mail left in your mailbox prior to the migration will be lost.
- The character must not have a WoW Token in their inventory, bank, or mailbox.
- Your guild affiliation and tabard design will not transfer. You must join or create a new guild on your destination realm.
- Your honor points transfer with your character. Any honor accrued after the last honor calculation but before your transfer is initiated may be lost.
- Your conquest points transfer with your character. Any conquest points accrued after the last maintenance but before your transfer is initiated may be lost.
- Your Friend List and Ignore List will be cleared upon transfer.
- You will lose your arena-awarded Drake and Titles only if you transfer during the time period between when the arena season ends and when the rewards are actually given. If you transfer at any other time, you will not lose your rewards.
- A pending transfer can be cancelled, which will remove the request from the queue. Once the transfer has completed, you cannot reverse it. The only way to move the character again is by purchasing a Character Transfer.
Article ID: 300472