- Error: "You have too many of that item already."
- Can’t find the option to buy a WoW Token in the Shop
- The button to buy a Token is greyed out
Cannot find the button
To buy a WoW Token for real money in Modern WoW you must open the Shop while logged in with a character. You cannot buy a WoW Token for real money through the character select screen. In Wrath Classic you must go to the in-game Auction House and select the WoW Token category, then click the yellow i button in the top right corner of the Auction house interface.
- The country of residence registered on your Battle.net account must belong to the same region as your World of Warcraft account. For example, if you play on American realms, the country registered on your Battle.net account must belong to America.
- The token may have temporarily been disabled in your region.
- It is currently not possible to buy WoW Tokens for real money in Brazil, Argentina, Iran, and Turkey.
The button is greyed out
You cannot buy a WoW Token for real money on a Starter Edition account or if your account is restricted by Parental Controls.
Error: "You have too many of that item already."
There are some limits to the WoW Tokens you can buy and hold. If you have multiple WoW accounts in the same Battle.net account, please note the following limits apply to your Battle.net account:
- You can only have one type of WoW Token at a time. If you have a WoW Token purchased with gold you must use it before you can buy a WoW Token for real money.
- You can have a maximum of 20 WoW Tokens purchased for real money at a time. If you have 20, you must put one for sale on the Auction House before you can buy another one.
- You can buy a maximum of 20 WoW Tokens every 7 days. The 7 days is calculated on a rolling basis, depending on the purchase date of the tokens.
You may also receive this error if you recently tried to buy a WoW Token and your payment failed. Please wait 24 hours and try again.