Heroes of the Storm Voice Chat Not Working
- I can't hear others in voice chat in HOTS
- Others can't hear me when I talk in Heroes
Follow the steps below to resolve problems with voice chat. If you need information on voice chat features, visit our Blizzard Voice Chat article.Note: You will be unable to use voice chat if you're silenced from a penalty.
- Ensure your Blizzard Battle.net desktop app region is the same as your game region
- Make sure your device is properly set in-game.
- Go to Options > Voice Chat and ensure the 'Speakers & Headphones' section is set to Default System Device.
- Make sure your microphone or headset is plugged in.
- If your microphone or headset has a mute switch, make sure it's unmuted.
- Make sure your Default Device is set up correctly in Windows by right-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and selecting Recording Devices.
- If you have Parental Controls enabled, make sure voice chat hasn't been disabled.
Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.
- If your voice chat is set to Push To Talk, try changing the keybind for Voice Chat: Push To Talk to a different key in the Options menu under Voice Chat.
Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
- Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled
- Users on Windows spring creators update 2018 - Build 17134
- Press your Windows key or activate Cortana
- Type then select Settings
- Go to Privacy
- Select Microphone on left hand side
- Toggle Allow apps to access your microphone off and back on
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums.