Cannot Install or Patch Heroes of the Storm
- Can't install Heroes of the Storm
- Can't patch Heroes of the Storm
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCS on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
- Try restarting your computer before continuing with the remaining steps. This is a quick way to close the Agent process and allow the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app to update it.
If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Delete the Tools folder and open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app again to download a fresh version of Agent.
Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
Make sure Windows Secondary Logon is enabled, which Blizzard Agent requires to run correctly.
Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Make sure your network is set up properly to allow Agent to connect.
- Make sure both your internet browser and Adobe Flash Player are up to date.
- Uninstall the game and reinstall if none of the steps above resolved your problem.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums.