Unable to Install or Patch Heroes of the Storm
- Can't install Heroes of the Storm
- Can't patch Heroes of the Storm
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCS on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
If you are receiving a specific error code (such as BLZBNTAGT00000BB8), you can search for the error code at this link. The error code's page will have more specific troubleshooting. If you do not receive an error code, the steps below may resolve problems in which the Battle.net Desktop Application can’t download data or update game files.
- Try restarting your computer before continuing with the remaining steps. This is a quick way to close the Agent process and allow the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app to update it.
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- World of Warcraft addon managers can prevent Agent from updating game files. Disable or temporarily uninstall these programs, restart your computer, and try again.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out issues caused by connection type
- Run the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App in Administrator Mode to address many installation, patching, networking, and start-up errors.
- Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
- If you're using a VPN, try removing it.
- Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the Blizzard App may resolve rare launcher issues.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums.