Receiving Error When Adding Phone Number (Pre-paid number not usable)
- Cannot add my mobile phone, I receive the error "The phone number is invalid"
- An external error occurred
You will receive this error when adding a VOIP phone number as they are not supported. Blizzard Customer Support cannot bypass this limitation.
If your phone number is not VOIP and you still receive this error, check the following:
- Make sure you enter the number correctly
- Make sure the country registered on your Battle.net account is correct and the phone number you're trying to use matches your country. If you have moved countries, update your registered country and try again
- Make sure your number was not previously used on a VOIP plan
If you are unsure if your number is a VOIP number, contact your provider for additional information. Please note that Blizzard Customer Support can only help if your phone is not VOIP.