- I can't login to a character, it says a character with the same name already exists.
- Cannot log into character due to error stating a character with that name already exists.
When a World of Warcraft character is not properly logged out from the server, it's possible to receive the error, "A character with the same name already exists" when attempting to login to that character.
- Try logging into a different character and then logging fully out of the game
- Reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted
- You may need to wait to allow the server to remove the character, which happens after 30 minutes of inactivity
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums or contact us.