Buying Gifts for Friends in Another Region
Common ProblemsMy friend is in the US and I am in Europe, I was wondering if I can buy gifts cross region
You can buy gifts for friends who play in another region.
To gift something, select the product in the Battle.net Shop and click Gift instead of Buy Now. On the next screen, you can choose to enter your friend's BattleTag or email address.
- Some products can only be gifted to BattleTag friends and don’t give you the option to enter your friend's email address.
- Gifting may be restricted for some products. If you don’t see the Gift button, you can Gift Battle.net Balance instead.
- Gifting may be restricted for some payment methods.
- Gifting may be restricted for some currencies.
- Some currencies are only allowed to gift products to friends who use the same currency. For example, if your currency is Peso, you cannot buy a gift for someone who uses Dollars, but you can for a friend who uses Peso like you.
- It is not possible to gift Battle.net products across platforms. For example, you cannot buy a gift in the Battle.net Shop for a friend who plays on console. Similarly, if you play on console, you can only gift through your console's store (Xbox, PSN, Nintendo) to friends who play on your same platform.
WORLD OF WARCRAFT RESTRICTIONS
- It is not possible to gift a WoW subscription, but you can gift game time instead.
- WoW expansions and game time are regional. When you gift a WoW expansion or WoW game time, you must use the regional Battle.net Shop that matches your friend's region. For example, if your friend plays WoW in Europe, you must use the European Battle.net Shop. This will create a European code that your friend can claim.
- You cannot use Battle.net Balance to buy a WoW expansion or WoW game time for a friend on another region.