Common ProblemsGame update starts and then stops downloading/installing showing 0 b/s on the progress bar
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCSEU_EN on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
These issues are usually caused by connection problems or another program blocking the update from completing. Try the following steps to resolve this error.
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn't become flooded with data.
- Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts.
- Run the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App in Administrator Mode to address many installation, patching, networking, and start-up errors.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
- If you're using a VPN, try removing it.
- Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the Blizzard App may resolve rare launcher issues.
- Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.
- If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game.